7th Grade Health AssignmentsAll assignments should be handed in on due date. Late assignments will not be accepted. If students are absent, please hand in on the next day they return to school!
Assignment 1 – Healthy Living Poster with Slogan
Week Due – February 27th – February 29th (depends on students’ day for health)
Details: Students will create a poster which can be used to education the lower elementary students about Healthy Living. Poster should be bright and easy on the eye with a simple slogan to match. Topics may include cleaning ones’ teeth or washing ones’ hands.
- Student has selected an appropriate Healthy living topic ____
- Poster comes complete with a slogan ____
- Poster is bright and easy on the eye ____
- Poster is suitable for educating younger students ____
Assignment 2 – Educational Trifold
Week Due – March 5th – 7th
Details: Students will choose a substance category (i.e. stimulants or alcohol) and create a document that will inform others of the dangers of such a substance. The Trifold should include information such as facts, the laws regarding the substance, and any other pertinent information.
1. Student chose a particular drug category _____
2. Student presented clear facts about chosen drug _____
3. Students created a colorful/eye catching trifold _____
4. Student gave additional information such as history of
the drug. _____
Assignment 3 – Good Diet/Bad Diet Poster
Week due – March 12th – 14th
Details: Students will work in pairs to put together a poster showing healthy foods and unhealthy foods. Students must be creative when putting poster together as the poster must be educational in nature.
1. Poster is finished and clearly show the students names ____
2. Poster created by both members of the group ____
3. Poster is bright and easy on the eye ____
4. Poster could be used to educated lower elementary kids ____
Assignment 4 – Exercise/Activity Paper
Week due – March 19th – 21st
Details: Students will choose either a form of exercise or an activity and explain the benefits of this. An example could be playing tennis recreationally; the paper should include what forms of fitness (i.e. flexibility, strength) the sport/activity targets. It can also include where one can go to do the activity, as well as calories burned and any other pertinent information. The paper should be between 1 and 2 pages, double spaced, in Times New Roman with the font of 12.
1. Paper is in correct format and between 1 and 2 pages in length ____
2. Student has clearly stated an activity/sport and explained the
benefits of said activity/exercise. ____
3. Student has informed the reader of where said activity can be done ____
4. Student has given additional information about the activity ____
Assignment 5 – Small Group Skits
Week due – March 26th – 28th
Details: Students will work in the groups they have been assigned to create a dramatic skit, showing the importance of good decision making. Groups will write and act in skits to demonstrate what can happen when we make good/bad decisions. (i.e. a high school party scene)
1. Groups will hand in the written dialogue/direction for skit _____
2. Skits will show consequences of good and bad decisions _____
3. Each group member has an active part to play in skit _____
4. Storyline interesting and realistic _____
Assignment 6 – Body System Poster
Week due – April 2nd – 4th
Details: Students will work together in the same groups as for their skits and dancing. Group project; each group gets a different system of the body, must breakdown the functions, organs, and educate their peers with a presentation.
· Google images
1. Group has worked together to create body system poster ______
2. Poster explains function and organs in system ______
3. Poster is well laid out and easy to read ______
4. Group presents the poster well to the class ______
Assignment 7 – Letter to Mr. Torrie 25 years from now
Week Due – Any time between now and the spring recess
Details: Students will write a letter to Mr. Torrie imagining themselves to be 25 years older. The letter should include information on achievements that they have accomplished, family life, occupation, where they live and so on. Information such as the college they went to and what they studied should also be included. Any other pertinent information maybe such as what they do to exercise should be included as well as goals for the future.
1. Letter is written in Times New Roman, font 12, and between 1 and 2
pages long, double spaced. _____
2. Letter is dated and signed by student _____
3. Student includes all relevant information about his/her life _____
Any questions will be answered at firstname.lastname@example.org