Tips For Parents
- Read to your child each night. Allowing your child to watch you point to words, and listen to the inflection in your voice will help prepare his/her early literacy skills.
- Point out words, labels, and environmental print while out & about together at the park, the grocery store, the mall, etc.
- Use the bi-weekly newsletter to help facilitate conversations with your child. Creating connections between what is being learned in school, and the world around them at home, will help create meaningful experiences that will stick with your child.
- Strengthen fine motor skills and promote independence: Click Here
- Read this article by Dr. Jennifer Kaywork: Early Childhood Professor at Dominican College, and creator of ParentPHD.org: How To Get A Child "Ready" For Preschool