1) Take a picture of the snow outside
2) In your journal write a paragraph answering these questions:
· If I were a snowflake I would…
· Winter wind is like…
· When I look out the window during winter, I see…
Make sure your paragraph has:
Sentences with subjects and predicates
Sentences that begin with capital letters
Sentences that have end punctuation
Complete multiplication facts until you get to 80%
Upload worksheet and complete on sheet of paper at home. Be sure to show your work and label answers.
Search famous scientists
Choose any scientist and watch the Brainpop video. When you are finished anwer the following questions:
1) What is your scientist’s name?
2) Where did the scientist live/work? (country, city)
3) What was the scientist’s important contributions (why do we recognize and remember the scientist today?)
4) List any interesting personal information
1) Visit the Time for Kids website and search for an article of interest
2) Read the article
3) Answering the following questions about your article and be prepared to inform the class of your current event
What is the event?
When did it happen?
Where did it happen?
Who was involved?
Why is it important?
Login to Action magazine online.
Click on student sign in and enter password: hpschool14
Choose an article from the current issue. Before reading, preview the story paying close attention to titles, subtitles, pictures, and new vocabulary words. Complete the K and W in the KWL chart. After reading, complete the L column.
What I already Know
What I Want to Learn
What I did Learn
1) Log in to brainpop.com
2) Under search, type Geometry. Watch video.
3) Complete graphic organizer listing as many uses of geometry in each category
Uses of Geometry
1) Visit http://www.sciencemadesimple.com/science-definition.html and read the page the link takes you to.
2) What latin word does the word science come from?__________________
3) What does the latin word mean?___________________
4) Complete the graphic organizer with the four branches of science. Under each category, write a topic of study beneath the science field
The Different Fields of Science
1) Visit http://www.ideafinder.com/history/category/toys.htm and browse and read about a few inventions that interest you. Choose one invention and complete the graphic organizer below.
Profile of a Technology:
Purpose or use
When invented or developed
Where invented or developed
Main people involved in invention
People who use it